Small Town Girl

random feelings put into words..

Don’t ask what I have been up to, coz I don’t have a clue myself, about where my time goes. The last week (Easter break) was well occupied by the huge 4 day inter samaj event “IDEA ’10” for which KDO was termed as the 2nd best samaj of the year. YAY.

Plus, I have been quite busy at office. As if managing ones’ own work wasn’t enough of a task, supervising a number of people (read duds), considering that you would rather do the job yourself than delegate to them, is worse. The draughts men these days I tell u, they don’t event know how to use commands like align and stretch.. Wonder who gives them software proficiency certificates for AutoCAD. I see some serious flaws in my firm’s recruitment process too. Oh btw… Soon, I would complete one whole year in the same firm, which is *quite* a long time, though we have a whole lot of “10-years-in-the-company-and-still-going-strong” people. Whether it’s an achievement or plain lethargy – Don’t ask.

Last evening I decided to set out on another ‘lone adventure’. This time the venue was Convent Junction. What an evening it was. Supposedly a shopping turned into a weakening experience... Sigh... Even though the sun had set, it was tough wading my way through those innumerable sweaty bodies, slithering at a slow speed, whereas I wanted to zip through the crowd. My eyes caught some bright colored and sequined garment being sold for a discount. On questioning the shopkeeper about what he thought was worth the amount he had quoted, he told me that the same thing is worth 20K INR! I thought I hadn’t heard correctly and expressed so... he instantly assured me that 20K was indeed what he had meant... Foreigners had paid 20K INR for that measly thing.

Which bewildered me more??... The exorbitant price or the fact that he had actually used a foreigners’ ignorance to his own advantage. Don’t ask.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
okay first up, i would like to mention that i've deleted around 30 posts from the year 2007, 08 & 09 purely because they were a bit too personal.. talk about me?..I am easily hurt, prone to getting colds, choosy and always want the best, know how to make friends, talkative, daydreamer, friendly, temperamental, love to dress up, get easily bored, fussy, seldom show emotions, take time to recover when hurt, brand conscious, stubborn, Sensitive, polite and soft-spoken, Think far with vision, easily influenced by kindness, always have lots of ideas, have an active mind, always hesitating, tend to delay things, funny and humorous, love to joke, abiding,..blah blah blah.. the list just goes onn.. :P :)